Saturday 27 July 2013

Breakfast


Mornings are when
we wake up realizing the world is not better,

and we live more in our sleep
underneath blankets soft against

our shells. We are not better,
but sober, we are, and "better."

In mornings we find slivers of hope
in the sunrise that pierces our lids

like nails. Prickly but . . . not so.
Ah, we do not like hope.

It is any carbonated liquid -
effervescent, brief, with nimble air,

bubbles rising to the top
only to disappear soonest.

In moments like these, I wish you
were different; but then,

what would be the point?
A couple of sugar cubes

swimming in two cups
of freshly brewed coffee.

A plate of bratwurst,
tomatoes on the side,

pretzels, goettas, Kaiserchmarren.
Mornings are the bane of the day

but breakfasts are a favorite
and best when eaten slowly.

12 comments:

  1. (applause)
    Not just an artist but also a writer...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I write because it makes me feel intact. No biggie. Thanks, though?

      Delete
    2. I guess writers are really not made rather, they're born. If passion seeks you, all you've to do is entertain it as you entertain your visitors- with joy.

      Delete
    3. Haha, we should be friends :-) Also I'd appreciate it if you anons did not remain so anonymous because I like thanking people for visiting my blog *cries

      Delete
    4. Just let my anonymity as is. I guess it's better that way. I bet some of your friends don't give a damn to this, LOL. Things are better appreciated when some random people like me stumble upon these things.

      Delete
    5. That is very sad. I wish I knew you so we could be sad together, lol

      Delete
  2. Life's full of happiness, why let sadness drown your being? Try talking to a stranger everything you want to say(well, just make sure he/she is not a killer, a thief or a maniac). Strangers offer the best lines in life, been there, done that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess. But I hope these strangers don't stay strangers forever :-)

      Delete
    2. It's strange but strangers are strangers after all. At the end of the day, you'll find yourself near to people dear to you. If you would want to know these strangers, it's best to be not a stranger to yourself- know your self. Then next would be the people around you, your private circle and if you do that, you'll find yourself searching for newer strangers out there. :)

      Delete
    3. do strangers like to "stumble upon" blogs like these randomly? he he he

      Delete
  3. If you actually try to click the "Next blog" thing above, you'll open random blogs. :) But nah..... I just saw your link posted somewhere. Ahahahahahaha. Just so you know, I'm not a stalker. I really admire your prowess in writing. When I read one of your article, I was enticed by your writing and gosh I habitually read some of them. Your skill belittles mine. :3 Keep writing. Eventually, people like me will discover this and share thoughts here. Literature in our generation have become so incompetent- too sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "but breakfasts are a favorite
    and best when eaten slowly."

    You just nailed it! Keep writing.. xx

    ReplyDelete