Monday 29 August 2011

Pegasus Bridge has Fallen Down

I was in the middle of downloading new songs two hours ago and I was going through some bands in YouTube when I suddenly remembered Pegasus Bridge. It's not a well-known band-- in fact I know about them only because a friend used to plug his iPod into the classroom speakers and play their songs back in high school. I learned to love their music over the summer when I had nothing to do except pig out and be sentimental.


It's a habit of mine to read comments while waiting for a video to finish buffering. I read comments about the band splitting up but then, those could have been just rumors, so I brushed them aside. The comments were persistent, however, and showed up in every video I watched. In the end I gave up and decided to visit the band's official site, and found this statement:


Images (c) pegasusbridge.co.uk
And apparently I'm depressed. I've eaten two brownies, a banana, a pack of biscuits, etc. already (note the stress on "etc."). It's a little too early for them to split up. They've been under LAB Records for only three years and have had only one major album. Do the math. That just isn't enough good music to last any sane person two days.

Their latest (and last) single, which also includes the song Boa:



The most heart-breaking goodbyes are the premature ones.

#

PS. Someone please sponsor my trip to Manchester.

0 comments:

Post a Comment